Sunday, August 26, 2012

RSS - Really Simple Screw-Up


RSS stands for "Real Simple Syndication". They obviously put a RSS feed on my blog site, because if I would see this button on my page! (I need to jump on this!)

RSS The Box (a small orange box with white stripes like a rainbow arching from the top left bottom right) would symbolize that offer a feed of my site that can be sent to a viewer RSS reader (usually seen on the home page your browser). I use IE (Internet Explorer) and eye protection, such as my home page e-mail, so I can go to my RSS reader (you should see the same symbol in the menu bar at the top right of the Google home page) when I login

This allows me to see at a glance if my favorite RSS feeds (list of sites) have been updated. (How nice is that!)

You can also have RSS feeds sent to your blog, but I would not use it as content only from your view. If you find something that is relevant to the view, and (it would be best to get it approved by the site you want the feed for your site) is used to inform viewers of important information, then go for it.

Wp-o-matic is a plug-in you can install to get a full feed, otherwise most RSS feeds give you only a fragment or brief description of the content. There is also a black-hat techniques can be used to increase sales, but because it is deprecated ("black hat technique" hat), I will not go into it and do not use it.

But if you really must know, just think for a while '. I'm sure you can come up with a theory of winning! :) If you want to learn more about how to use RSS feeds on your sites to a greater benefit, leave the core info.for Armand Morin, and other gurus to explain.

Now, to address the second part: I finally went to add my RSS feed to my blog to make it able to synidate. What you might think is a simple task for me since I was able to build a website, create a forum, and understand how to make, edit and audio post on my web pages, it became a struggle.

I'm sure people will say what?! Go to your wp-admin on your blog for the word, click on the section tab design, and then click on the widgets section. From there click on "add RSS" feed. You'll see it pop up on your sidebar and then click the Edit tab in the box.

This is exactly where I found it difficult! To speak with a friend if you use wordpress.com, it sets the feed for you, but if you use wordpress.org, then you need to add your blog feed URL extension, Blog URL and Title Blog. I had no problem coming up with the last two fields requirement, but the last was a problem. My friend suggested using wordpress.com to use my blog url and then add / food at the end, because that is what his feed URL specified. So I gave it a try .... "Error, not recognized feed"!

Thus began my frustration and head banging. Well, then I see "help" to wordpress.org. Now I like Word Press for what you can do with it. But to find out how to do something on this site is a real pain in the hoo, hoo. Under the help section is an extensive list of topics, but no search box, and wants to spend time trying to find the information I need? Not me. Of course I'm sure that all content is useful and probably if I read everything would be all the more enlightened with the uses of wordpress.org. But who has time, I certainly do not.

Then I went to the forum tab. No I have not seen much, but then, BINGO. I checked the tag cloud and there was "RSS" in large bold letters. (So ​​many people are looking for information on RSS that the character is much larger than the others!) I thought I hit the jack pot, but after clicking on that link, my dreams were invested with a double-Mac tractor trailer!

The information provided on the forum has been more people who have posted with similar questions and no answers to the questions or I totally had no idea what the person posting was saying. (I think they were as lost as me!)

The Google search is always my default answer ... all the sites that came up were about to get the RSS feed to your site, like ... If CNN wanted to eat at my site. This is a totally different monster. (If you want information on this please let me know, but there are thousands if not more sites that tell you how!) All I wanted was to know what is the extension to add url on my blog on my RSS syndication site. Now I can be totally stupid. This is not a big stretch.

But I'm really lucky! I started checking my visits to sites to see if they offered the gift of information. I needed and I came across a website called "Blog Rush '". While I was watching the site, I decided to join the service (which is really awesome!) And as I was moving through the registration program. I was intrigued by the tail of a URL that I saw there: ..... / Feed = rss2?.

Now I do not know if this is what everyone should do, but I know when I added this to my blog URL, I managed to install my RSS feed syndication on wordpress.org blog.

To page ... For wordpress.com pr places like blogger, I think all you have to do is go to the dashboard, the design section, then click on the widgets tab and then add the RSS. Then you will definitely need to add your URL information, the title of the blog, and your feed URL, which in my opinion is the same as the URL of the blog and then automatically adds the extension.

Now, your blogger wordpress.org ... do the same as above, but add the extension ... /? feed = rss2 (so http:www.yourdomainname.com/?feed=rss2).

This should take care of it! Syndicating good! ......

No comments:

Post a Comment