Thursday, August 23, 2012

Fat Cow Host Review


My websites simply need to get a job. Or give people information about one of my services or to keep my blog or maybe store some pictures. All I want is for them to work consistently and without me having to learn a hundred things first hand! A lot of hosting companies are not that easy, they'll talk about things I can not understand and that they need me to go through a ton of options before you can do what I want. On top of that I love hosting plans that provide easy ways to get things done seemingly complex, be it e-commerce site with paypal or large trucks.

The only problem with some of these sites is limited to sites that carried through its program of Site Builder and does not allow you to design your site and build from there. Obviously this is completely unsatisfactory for those who want to develop any kind of even remotely advanced site! On the other hand I know that I wanted some support at the beginning and still do, especially with things like e-commerce.

The hosting company I've found that fits these needs as closely as any other Fat Cow. For small businesses and individuals with more complex needs, offering a great package that fits all. Now I know this may mean that some people feel they are paying more than necessary to ensure the functionality that they do not need but that is a criticism you can throw in most of the hosting company and if you take a look at features Fat Cow You'll find that most are relevant to most people. They include up to 1500 POP3/IMAP account next to 150GB of bandwidth and 15GB of storage. In addition, also by a public SSL certificate.

The two sections that let it down a little Fat Cow 'is their customer service and control panel. As regards the first, Fat Cow does not offer support 24/7 by phone or via messaging and not really have any support messaging at all and this can lead to some maddening waiting. With regard to the control panel, I found it really difficult to navigate without a guide much at all.

So overall, what I think of Fat Cow? They are a good solution but not the best, while making things easier for those of us who are technically excellent, but their relaxed attitude to work has clearly led to some corners being cut in terms of service .......

No comments:

Post a Comment