Friday, August 31, 2012

Characteristics of leadership - beginning with you


As we are developing Tomorrows Leaders, leaders in that our teams need as well as our families, I want to watch a couple of leadership traits that I believe are necessary as we move forward in that direction.

First of all let me say that many people claim to be leaders, many argue that they have all the leadership traits and qualities that are needed and that these should be the one to follow ... but the truth is ... no one follows them.

One of the greatest victories that any leader can take is the victory over oneself. This is an everyday occurrence and a battle that is won in the minutes and hours of the day ... not only in big choices to be made.

Every day we need to be working on ourselves and fight the temptation to think of ourselves much more than us. Learning the lessons of leadership is not always easy. Most of the time of the lessons we are trying to instill in others are the same lessons we have learned the hard way. But I would say that this makes us more accessible and sensitive to issues that others are facing.

Plato said it best when he said: "The first and best victory is to conquer self." Ralph Stayer, Johnsonville Foods president, wrote: ". In most situations, I'm thinking my problem, my photos, my expectations are the biggest obstacles to my success."

Many times our enemy is. Who we are determines how we see others. If we can roll up their sleeves then we will be able to help others.

An interesting thought is ... we do not see others as they see them as we are ... If I were a suspicious person ... So I see you as suspicious. If I'm a negative person who tends to look at the negative instead of positive, then I see you as a negative person ... (And two negatives repel each other).

As a leader if I can resolve in the first place, if I can get the win for Donna Rios then the chances are higher that I will be able to help others fix also.

If I can not fix, chances are high I'll never be able to add value to and help others. Therefore, the development of ourselves, doing soul-searching, and looking in the mirror always helps to be a better person and leader for those who do the following.

People who are aware of who they are and what they do and how often responsive relationships with other damage.

People in leadership have a tendency to consider someone else and ask the question ... What's wrong with that person? Why are not jumping on board? Why can not they see the bigger picture? Why do you always complain? This is the way most of the leaders to react because it is easy to teach leadership skills, but it is much more difficult to model leadership qualities ...

Our actions and words to guide us towards the end have a reputation for integrity or not. As business people ... eager to make a difference ... eager to leave our mark, our position requires us to be more careful, more attentive and empathetic than ever.

People are looking for a leader. You will be able to meet the challenge? Want to put the time to develop in themselves the best person you can be?

Some questions to consider ...

Make it a great my friends,

Do what you enjoy and have fun ...

Donna Rios ......

No comments:

Post a Comment