Wednesday, August 15, 2012

When it comes to Westerns There is No One Quite Like Louis L'Amour


We all have our favorite authors in various genres that we read, so I suppose it's obvious that I have my own like you. Now, then, do not go around advising books to read without being invited, however, I have one I think you should read. The book is called:

"Conagher" by Louis L'Amour (often called America's favorite Storyteller). Bantam Books, New York, NY, 1971.

This book and the story was turned into a movie and a series that you may remember, after reading the book that will really recognize this story. The Turner Network has purchased the movie and play again, he also became a network television show and a premier exclusive and rightfully so. The characters are true to form and the plot is brilliant, perfect for television and for Hollywood.

Louis L'Amour has written 45 novels and western although I have not read them all, he is definitely among my favorite western authors and I'm sure that after reading this book you will also agree. This author has more than 225 million books in print. Ha ha, now you understand why he is one of my favorite authors. This writer kicks some serious ass in her novels! This book claims to have introduced an intriguing story that lies ahead:

Parnell The boys had their fun with him, all right. They had tried to gun him down more times than a slow tempered saddle tramp sat still. Now Conagher was too tired and too mean to be played with more. "Parnell" he said, "You gave me pain. All I am going to give it a run ..."

This is just the introduction, the story catapults the reader into the scene and makes them feel as if they were there, often identifying with one or more characters, boy you're going to love this book! ......

No comments:

Post a Comment